I thought the list of "must read books" according to Dever was interesting. It comes from a recent interview of Dever by C. J. Mahaney.
- J.I. Packer – Fundamentalism and the Word of God
- J.I. Packer – Knowing God
- J.I. Packer – Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God
- D. A. Carson – For the Love of God (2 vols.)
- C. J. Mahaney – Humility
- Martin Lloyd-Jones – Preaching and Preachers
- John Stott – Between Two Worlds
Interestingly, they are not the same list of books that Dever gave when asked which books had greatly influenced him. There is a pretty comical exchange about the question. It starts about 24:45 in the interview.