Saturday, September 22, 2007

This and That

1. I am not making this up. Photoshop had nothing to do with this.






2. Someone recently said: "The church has no greater task than world evangelism." I wonder what the response will be. When I said that, I got some fairly negative response. I wonder what the response to this will be.

3. Mark Driscoll has a profile article in Christianity Today. It is interesting. I am no expert on Driscoll, but I think this article gives a pretty accurate picture, from what I know from reading, listening, and talking to those who know him. And while some will blast me, I don't think he's all bad. I think he hits it where it hurts some people, and they yelp. And he gets them on both sides, the left and the right. (I don't think he's all good either.) I just think the article is interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's this sign at - River Rouge? I take it from the looks of the background that maybe you can't go straight ahead either.

Michelle

Hatushili said...

With regard to "The church has no greater task than world evangelism", I chose to agreeably disagree. The church has no greater task than to glorify God, IMHO. World evangelism is certainly a part of that (and one could certainly argue that it's the primary part), but not the whole.

Hatushili