Saturday, October 22, 2005

Jesus! Engrave It On My Heart!

Jesus! Engrave It On My Heart
Samuel Medley (1738-1799)

Jesus! Engrave it on my heart,
That thou the One thing needful art:
I could from all things parted be,
But never, never, Lord, from Thee!

Needful is Thy most precious blood,
To reconcile my soul to God;
Needful is Thy indulgent care;
Needful Thy all prevailing prayer.

Needful Thy presence, dearest Lord!
True peace and comfort to afford;
Needful Thy promise, to impart
Fresh life and vigor to my heart.

Needful art Thou, My Guide! My Stay!
Thro’ all life’s dark and weary way:
Nor less in death Thou’lt needful be,
To bring my spirit home to Thee.

Then needful still, my God! My King!
Thy Name eternally I’ll sing.
Glory and praise be ever Hi,
The One Thing needful, Jesus is!

No comments: